I suggest you ...

Clear numbers from dialer box when re-opening Dialer One

1. Open Dialer One.
2. Enter a few numbers without making a call.
3. Press Home button.
4. Re-open Dialer One.
5. Numbers entered in step 2 are showing but don't filter contacts. They should be cleared.

Also, I suggest having an option to avoid showing spaces and "-" when entering numbers for T9 contact search.

23 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    JFJF shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

4 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • ZoliZoli commented  · 

The entered numbers should only be cleared, if they were used in some way:
        - the number entered was called, or
        - one contact was selected or called in some way - in case of a T9 search.
        If I enter a new phone number and, then press Home button, then reopen Dialer One I prefer to have the number in the dialer box, becouse I want most probably finish an action - a call or an SMS etc. - which was started by entering the numbers.
        The numbers entered for T9 search may allways be cleared when the dial pad gets out of focus - home button, screensaver, etc. Less than 5 or 6 numbers schould be treated as T9 seach numbers and cleared.

• ecserecser commented  · 

Clearing numbers from dialer box is also required when getting back to saved queries.

• AaronAaron commented  · 

Also this leads to accidentally APPENDING numbers rather than dialing new numbers. So I just made a call, and now when I go to make another call, I'm adding to the last phone number rather than dialing a new one!

• JFJF commented  · 

Forget suggestion about spaces and "-", I found the option already... sorry.

Feedback and Knowledge Base